Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Flower Pot Card - Happy Mother's Day

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for all the lovely messages you leave me and also a big hello to my new followers.  If you do drop by leave me a message and then I can come and visit you :).

This evening I have a super card I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  It is a flower pot card, I had decided ages ago I wanted to make one for her.  Believe it or not the colour scheme of the card is based on the ribbon, I was playing around the other night and tied this triple loop bow and I wanted to use it for something, and I thought the flower pot card would be ideal.  The basis of this card is really easy to do but I spent ages decided on what type of flowers to put on the top. 

I tried mulberry flowers at first but they didn't look right so decided to make my own paper flowers.  The paper for the flowers is from Cuddly Buddly - Fairy Fun Peach, I used four of the designs printed on A4 sheets I then cut out 3 different size flowers (6 petal flower) and layered these and on top placed a medium sized rolled flower with a pearl in the centre.  The flowers were all cut on my CraftRobo.  There is a small Doohickey Dragonfly in the centre embelished with pearls.


These rolled flowers were so easy to do and such fun, I did ink up the edges on a couple but didn't like the effect for this design so I have kept them for another project. 


The ribbon on the top is used to pull out the card, the sentiment was done on the computer and plenty of space for us to write something appropriate to Mum. 

Side view - you can just see the little stand I made (tent fold) to allow the card to stand up. 
All I need to do now is make a little box :). 

Hope you like it - I love it I think it is probably one of my favour cards and I am going to enter it into the following competitions.

Pollycraft Monday # 130 = Spring Has Sprung
The Pink Elephant # TBE138 = Lets See Those Layers (must have at least 3 layers)
Totally Stampalicious = Spring Is In The Air
Dream Valley Challenges #27 = Mothers Day / Female Card
That Craft Place Challenge Blog (Relaunch) = Anything Goes
Crafty Emmas Store Challenge # 75 = Flowers
Crafters Companion Challenge #22
= Spring
Joanna Sheen Monthly Challenge
= Spring is in The Air
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge #4
= Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges = Spring Colours
Simon Says Stamp Challenge = Mother's Day
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.com/ - Lets see some flowers
http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Favour things

Hugs




25 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie...this project is amazing!!! Those flowers are to die for. And then to see it is a tag you have made. Oh my gosh. This is a def. fav for me!!! I love your colors your ribbon and my oh my....how did you do those flowers in such detail!!!!!This is such a DELIGHTFUL card! It is adorable and so creative. It is clear you put in alot of work. Smiles - Samara DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGES DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Suzie - love the flowers you made and that it is an easel card so can stand up! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Suzie,love the flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Suzie. Your Mother in law will love it. Glad you could join us at Kaboodle Doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh Hun,your MIL will just love this to bits,its just stunning,and super detail hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzie, What a perfect card! Great Mother's Day idea and your flowers are wonderful! Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flower pot card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ Spring Flowers Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is stunning suzie.really beautiful and pretty.i love your gorgeous flowers ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card to give for mothers day. The flower pot would just what so many mums would love. The colours are gorgeous and I love the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Suzie, a beautiful card you have made
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhh FABULOUS card hon... really love it! And what a brilliant idea! Love the colours too. I'm sure your MIL will really treasure it.

    I think you were watching the same thing on TV last week as me that showed how to make double and triple bows... I didn't realise it could be done before then!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Suzie this is so pretty, I love how the tag part pulls out with all the flowers on top! Your MIL will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for playing along at That Craft Place Challenge!
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super delightful card. Great idea for Mothers Day. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - this is stunning - love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable, such a beautiful creation, love it !!!

    hugs pops ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzie this is so pretty its unreal! adore the roses, gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Pollycraft. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous,love the tag with so many gorgeous flowers.Fab work.Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow absolutely beautiful,I love the peach and green and your flowers are so pretty too
    Hugs
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Suzie,
    What a beautiful card and great shape, you are clever. Thanks for visiting my blog over the weekend. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Suzie, stunning card love the shape and the little tab with all the flowers. Totally fabulous
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, beautiful card,love the rolled roses, I think you need to give me some lessons my never turn out so fabulous as yours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, stunning, she will love this! Flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOur flower pot card is stunning and the roses and the butterfly are adorable!
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Scrummy card. The flowers... well worth mulling over :o) Thanks so much for joining us on this months Challange on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Hugs Suzie xx