Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 29 November 2012

Guess what I did last Saturday

Good evening,
Gosh where are the days and weeks going to, I had meant to blog about this last weekend but don't seem to have had a minute to spare. 

I was lucky enough to attend the open day at LOTV last Saturday and met up with Fleur and Lou who were demonstrating, but my main reason for going was I had booked myself on Bev's Distress Ink course.  I have been looking at all the beautiful distress ink coloured images out there and wanted to know how to do it properly, to be honest I have never even tried, except when I bought the full set of Distress Ink pens when they first came out, I only had them for a day and they went straight back, in fact Bev said she bought a set too and hers went into the bin!!!

I had a great afternoon, met some lovely ladies and had a go at using distressed inks, I am so busy at the moment it is going to be over the Christmas holidays before I get another chance to play again.  Anyway I thought I would show you my first two attempts done with Bev, I guess I can only improve, but at least I have the hang of it and know what I should be doing now. 


I will not be using any of these on cards... LOL, but I had fun and cannot wait until I have some time to have ago again. 


I am a bit of an eBay queen and when I got home I thought I would have a look and maybe treat myself to some re-inkers as I don't have any, and I was lucky enough to notice an auction for 32 re-inkers which were only partially used and I am glad to say I won the auction and they arrived today. woohoo, so I am set up, just need some time now. 

Ahh well nearly weekend, our work's do on Saturday and then we are getting the Christmas decorations down from the loft, I like to get them done early as I love decorating the house and it always takes me at least two days. 

Have fun

Hugs
Suzie xx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie, it was lovely to see you on Saturday, next time you must drag me & Lou off for a coffee with you, It would have been lovely to have had a proper gossip. Take care and hope to catch up again soon
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps, Can't believe I forgot to say your colouring is stunning and well done on your re-inkers.
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are breathtakingly lovely. I would use them on a card...they are perfect!!!
    I love the look of the distress markers too by have put myself on a consumables freeze...just glue and cardstock and some of your bequtiful cards if i ever get back to England.
    I have watercolour pencils so will havet o make do withthose for now!!!

    These are both lovley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are coloured beautifully Suzie, you definitely seem to have learnt a lot at the open day. I wish I had been able to go, unfortunately I live much too far away, how I would have loved to have met up with some crafting buddies.

    I hope you have a good weekend. I love Christmas decorations too, can't wait.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh Suzie.. my last Saturday was awesome, but I still envy YOU!!! Cant wait to hear more about it!!!

    Mising you,
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzie, only just realized when you posted this that I was at the class with you (sat opposite, arrived late) My daughter has bought me the re-inkers for Christmas so can't wait now. Hope you get to play with yours soon. Sadly I didn't get to meet Fleur and Lou, maybe next time.
    Enjoy the christmas decorating.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzie,
    Lucky you get to see the LOTV open house, I wish I lived in UK. Your water color looks gorgeous. I recently started coloring with re-inkers by watching Dena's video, i find it is so addicting. I prefer water color these days than using Copics. Have a wonderful weekend in advance.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Suzie.
    This is on my to do list for next year.
    I love the sffects of distress inks.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzie I would love to go to one but every time they have one I have something planned! I am definitely going next year though! Your first go looks brilliant to me. I bought the markers too and they are still sat on my desk after having one feeble go with them. Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzie,you have passed a fabulous day...oooh I'm so far to partecipate in these super workshop :(
    Your colouring is wonderful my friend^_^
    I look forward to see your new cards and/or creations^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia


    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzie - I am sooo envious of you! I would love to have been on this workshop. The two pictures are lovely - and really look brilliantly coloured in. I do know what you mean though, first attempts are always difficult to assess when we do them. Thank goodness that other crafters can see how good they really are! I love the cute little bear with his brush - made me smile! However, I did shed a tear when I read that Bev had thrown her pens in the bin! Ohh that hurt! LOL. Glad you got a bargain with your re-inkers - sorry to be a thicko here but are they the re-inkers for the DI pads?

    Hugs to you and thank you for the lovely comments on my blog.

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzie.... these look fabulous.. you are well on your way to conquering the DI colouring technique!! I so wish I'd have known you were going... I was wavering whether I should go or not, but would have felt a bit Billy No Mates (prob only till I stepped through the door!) I rang on the Thurs before to be told there will still spaces on Bev's Workshop... and I'm only about 12 - 15 miles away too!

    Don't know if you've seen - on the LOTV website, there's a page of tutorials... including one of DI colouring by Dena... which looks brilliant - but I haven't had time to play as yet!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fab and what a super day out too hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. The course sounds fantastic and i am sure that a good day was had by all. Lili of the Valley stamps are just so pretty and I have many of there cute images. I hope you don't mind me plugging this but there are tutorials on my website on colouring with Distress Inks that you may enjoy
    http://www.card-making-magic.com/colouringwithdistressinks.html
    They cover skin, hair and clothes using a SWALK stamp
    Hugs Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy terrific website! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot
    of work? I've absolutely no knowledge of computer programming however I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I just needed to ask. Thank you!
    Here is my web blog ... diet plan to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Hugs Suzie xx